Once you have received an offer from the University and have decided on how to fund your studies abroad, you can apply for student visa. Getting visa is one of the most critical steps and you will definitely want it before your program commences. If you represent yourself in a befitting manner, then the chances of rejection of Visa are very slim. Our education counsellors are experts in student visa and they provide you professional assistance through this complex process of visa documentation, application and interview. To get you started, we have outlined few basics of Student Visa process.
What is Visa?
VISA is an approval that grants you the permission to travel to other countries and also defines your status in that country. There are 2 main kinds of Visas – Immigrant Visa and Non-Immigrant Visa.
If you are planning to migrate or settle down permanently in a particular country of which you are not currently a citizen, you require the Immigrant Visa. The Non-Immigrant Visa is a temporary Visa, which does not permit you to become a citizen of that country, but you can visit that country for a specified time. A student is required to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa.
Student Visas are issued for the period it takes to complete your course of study, program or work assignment.
➢Admission to a recognized University
➢Provision of fees
➢Financial capacity to meet lodging and boarding expenses
Visa Requirements for Major Countries
A student visa is must if you want to study in United States. Your program and type of school you plan to
Visa requirements for USA
A student visa is must if you want to study in United States. Your program and type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa.
Visa Application Fee
Non-Immigrant Visa Application Fee US $160 in Indian Rupee equivalent at a consular rate of exchange. The visa fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- ➢Create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com.
- ➢Complete the DS- 160 Visa application form at www.ceac.state.gov. The form must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview. The barcode number on the form DS – 160 confirmation page is required to book your interview.
- ➢ Before confirming a visa interview appointment online, you need to pay the visa application fee which can be paid by IMPS or NEFT or Cash over Counter (Axis Bank and Citibank)
- ➢Proceed to schedule two appointments.
- ➢First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate. Second, schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment. OFC appointment must be scheduled at least one day before the interview appointment date at the Embassy or Consulate.
List of Documents required in original for Student Visa
- ➢Passport should be valid for at least six months.
- ➢Visa fee receipt, DS-160 confirmation page and interview appointment letter.
- ➢Form I-20 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
- ➢Relevant test scores e.g. GRE & TOEFL or SAT / GMAT
- ➢Original printout of receipt of SEVIS fee paid of $ 200 (non-refundable).
- ➢Original degree certificates along with mark sheets of previous institutions attended. (10th, 12th & Bachelors).
- ➢Experience Certificates from the previous and current employer if any.
- ➢Evidence of financial resources proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies.
- ➢An F-1 applicant must have evidence of sufficient and readily available funds to meet all expenses for the first year of study, and that barring unforeseen circumstances adequate funds will be available for each subsequent year of study.
You must have completed a course of study required for enrolment at the level of study contemplated, and present transcripts of at least two years of academic work completed. External examinations like TOEFL, GRE, SAT and GMAT help to establish your seriousness as a student. Also, you must be able to demonstrate sufficient English language capability for your intended course of study in the USA.
The decision about one’s case can be known after an interview. If you are issued a visa, your passport will be returned to you by the Blue Dart courier service.
After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a College or University, you can..
Visa requirements for Ireland
After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a College or University, you can apply for Ireland Student Visa. You need to submit the completed application form along with the necessary documents to the immigration office.
You will need to provide the following with your visa application. (Please remember, original documents are required and must be in English or accompanied by a notarised translation):
- ➢Valid passport
- ➢Letter of acceptance from a recognised school/college/university in Ireland confirming that you have been accepted on a course of study. This course of study must be full-time (lasting an academic year) and have a minimum of 15 hours per week study time.
- ➢Evidence of your academic ability to pursue the chosen course through the English language (unless it is an English language course).
- ➢Evidence that the fees for the course have been paid in full.
- ➢Evidence that you have enough funds (€7,000) to maintain yourself for the initial part of your stay.
- ➢Evidence that you or a sponsor have access to at least €7,000 for each subsequent year of your studies, in addition to the course fees for each of those years.
- ➢Evidence that you have private medical insurance
- ➢An explanation of any gaps in your educational history
- ➢Confirmation that you intend to return to your country of permanent residence when you leave Ireland.
The most common visa for international students visiting UK is Tier 4 (General) Student Visa…..
Visa requirements for UK
The most common visa for international students visiting UK is Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.The application form needs to be filled online on UKVI.
List of Documents required in original from student for UK student Visa.
- ➢CAS letter
- ➢Duly filled & signed online VAF 9 Visa Application form.
- ➢All your original academic documents starting from 10th std. to the recently completed qualification.
- ➢TB Clearance certificate from the approved Doctors and Chest X- ray.
- ➢Visa application fees of Rs. 32,550/- (Cash) + Rs.500/- (for SMS, Courier). These fees changes from time to time depending upon exchange rates.
- ➢Evidence of the required available funds.
- ➢Original Passport with a photo copy.
Educational testimonials (mark sheets and certificates). All copies should be notary attested.
Visa requirements for Australia
- ➢Valid passport
- ➢Completed Form 157 A
- ➢Application Fee of Rs. 30500.00 in the form of a draft payable to “Australian High Commission, New Delhi.”
- ➢Letter of Offer / provisional acceptance issued by the Australian Educational Institution (original and copy) for a full-time course. The institution should be registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to an overseas student.
- ➢Educational testimonials (mark sheets and certificates). All copies should be notary attested.
- ➢Evidence of payment (COE) of First-semester Tuition fees and overseas student health insurance cover (OSHC).
- ➢A letter from the sponsor (where appropriate), i.e., Affidavit of Support (on Stamp paper) -original
and notarized copies- which should include:
- 1.His / her relationship with you
- 2.Income Tax Return (of last three years)
- 3.Details of his / her other dependents
- 4.Personal bank statement of the sponsor
- 5.Any other documents about financial standing
- 6.Evidence of your / your parent’s financial support (even where another sponsor is supporting the application) which should include
Student visa is selectively granted on below conditions
- ➢The student must satisfy the course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment
- ➢Students must attend at least 80% of their classes.
- ➢Students must achieve a satisfactory academic performance.
- ➢The student cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight while studying. They can, however, work full-time during vacations.
After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a Canadian College….
Visa requirements for Canada
After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a Canadian College or University, you are required to obtain a study permit. You can apply for a Canadian study permit either online or through a paper application, which can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. You need to submit the completed application form along with the necessary documents to the immigration section of the Canadian High Commission.
List of documents to be submitted along with the completed student application form
- ➢Official letter of acceptance from Canadian University.
- ➢Community College or technical institute.
- ➢Original Passport, which must be valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada.
- ➢Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores as applicable.
- ➢Copy of all academic documents and work experience certificates.
- ➢Non-refundable Visa processing fee.
- ➢Receipt of payment of first-semester tuition fee. A copy of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) to cover the first year’s living expenses. GIC is mandatory for the SPP visa application. 8. You can also show education loan sanction letter equivalent to CAD 10000 for the living expenses if you are applying for Study Permit for Universities.
- ➢Two passport size photographs.
- ➢Medical examination receipt – You may take upfront medicals from the designated medical practitioner of Canadian high commission. The receipt of this medical examination should be submitted along with the visa application. The reports will directly be sent to High Commission. There should always be a gap of 7 days in the date of medical examination and the visa application submission.
Please note: A certified translation must accompany any document which is not in English or French.
An interview (Telephonic or in person) with a Canadian Visa Officer may be required. If this is the case, you will be advised in writing of the time and place for the personal interview. In case of a telephonic interview, you may receive a call anytime. If you want to study in Quebec, you must obtain a Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) from the Quebec government in addition to the student authorization. The CAQ applications are available at the CEC and from the institutions in Quebec. Full-time International students are permitted to work on campus (20 hours per week).
The study visa application form is available at the New Zealand High Commission website….
Visa requirements for New Zealand
The study visa application form is available at the New Zealand High Commission website, or you can also get one from our education counsellor. You will only be issued a study visa if you have enrolled in an approved course at an institution or establishment, which is accredited to offer it.
Documents needed for visa application
- ➢Main visa Application form INZ-1012 , Student Visa Declaration form INZ 1226 and supplementary information form duly filled.
- ➢Two recent passport sized photographs (must be less than six months old) should be affixed to the Visa application form.
- ➢Visa Application Fee.
- ➢TT Services fee.
- ➢Original Passport.
- ➢Offer of place.
- ➢Covering Letter.
- ➢Statement of Purpose.
- ➢Financial Documents like Education Loan Sanction Letter
- ➢Bank Balance Certificate and statements, etc.
- ➢Affidavit of Support from Sponsor.
- ➢Income Tax Returns for last three years of Sponsor.
- ➢Proof of Business like VAT registration Certificate of Parents business.
- ➢Financial undertaking form for a student INZ 1014.
- ➢ID Proof of Sponsors.
- ➢Academic Documents.
- ➢Evidence of English language ability-IELTS Score Card.
- ➢Employment documents/ work experience certificate along with salary statements, if applicable.
- ➢Police Clearance Certificate (Original).
- ➢Full Medical Certificates and TB Screening Report from approved panel Doctor.
- ➢Any other documents to help correct Visa Assessment on the case to case basis.
- ➢Updated resume.
If you intend to study for the course duration of less than or equal to one academic year, you will need
- ➢Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for the entire course duration
- ➢NZ$ 15,000 towards living expenses in New Zealand.
If you intend to study in New Zealand for the course duration longer than one academic year
- ➢Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for one academic year
- ➢NZ$ 15,000 per annum towards living expenses in New Zealand
- ➢Payment plan to show that you have access to funds and can meet the rest of the course cost and living expenses in New Zealand.
Please note that land documents and property valuation will not be accepted as the payment plan.
Acceptable Evidence of Funds
- ➢Education Loan Sanction Letter from a nationalized or multinational bank only.
- ➢Latest Saving Bank account statements for the past six months. It should not be more than one week old at the time of lodgement of the application.
- ➢Fixed Deposits.
- ➢PPF/ PF/ GPF Withdrawal amount.
- ➢Post Office Accounts.
- ➢National Saving Certificates, KVP, MIS.
What is Funds Transfer Scheme?
FTS is an option given to the students who are genuine and don’t have funds from last six months in the bank account of the parents/sponsor. The student will need to transfer at least 12 months living expenses (NZD 15000) to a bank account in NZ, ANZ Bank, in addition to paying the tuition fee for one year. The amount deposited in the bank is locked for 12 months and then drip fed to the student on a prearranged basis after the AIP (Approval in Principal) is received. The Student will get NZ $ 1250 per month for their Living expenses in New Zealand.